With 2017 now here it’s time for me to actually start thinking about what’s to come this year and for me, the main thing is my Masters degree in September. But am I ready? Is everything that needs to be done before I start done or am I at least aware of what needs to be done? Hmm Probably not, but lets give it a go.
With regards to the Degree:
- Get essential books from my courses reading list.
- Register at the University (happens within the first week of the course)
- Figure out how I am paying for my degree – student loan or out of my savings account? Hmm tough one.
- Get my timetable to prep my life around it (I get this 6 weeks before the course starts)
- Invest into buying a laptop since I don’t actually own one.. oops
With regards to Work:
- Discuss officially when I will be ‘leaving’ for University
- Get a new contract written up for once I start my degree
- Once receiving my Uni timetable arrange my available hours (AKA when I can work from the office and when I will have to work from home)
With regards to everything else:
- Finding somewhere to live
- Financial prep (AKA budgeting & saving money for travel, rent, living etc.)
And for now, that is all I can think of for my list. Quite a bit to do, some need to be looked into now where as some cannot even be done until the course starts. I suppose the first thing I need to look into is living arrangements. But I’ve got 9 months to get all this done and a lot can change in 9 months!Let’s just hope I keep onto of everything I don’t forget something important!?
Bog you later »