You know when you just read something online and think ‘what the?!?’, well that’s how I felt when discovering some of these bizarre laws from around the world. I don’t think this needs any more of an introduction.. just come see for yourself.
- It is considered an offence to push a live moose out of a moving airplane in Alaska. But seriously, how many people have actually done this to make it law?! That’s the worrying thing to ask here.
- In Canada, any comic book that portrays illegal activity is banned.
- In Florida it is illegal for a divorced or a widowed woman to skydive on a Sunday afternoon. Wait, what?!
- Bangladeshi children of 15 and older can be sent to jail for cheating on their final exams.
- In the UK, a law still exists from the Middle Ages that requires all males over the age of 14 to be trained in shooting a long bow… That’s pretty cool!
- In Victoria, Australia, it is illegal to change a light bulb unless you’re a licensed electrician.
- In England it is illegal to die in the House Of Parliament. However, I cannot see that being faced with any charges, can you?
- In Florida, it’s illegal to fart in a public place after 6pm on a Thursday. So just don’t.
- In Hong Kong there’s a law apparently that allows a wife to kill her husband if she finds him cheating. However, she must kill him with her bare hands.
- In Vermont, a wife needs the husband’s permission to wear false teeth. Really?!?
- Milan requires that citizens must smile at all times, or face a fine – so be happy okay?
- It is against the law to have a sleeping donkey in your bathtub after 7pm in Oklahoma apparently.
- Flushing the toilet after 10pm is illegal in Switzerland!
There you have it, a handful of bizarre laws from around the world. So remember to brush up on the laws of the land when travelling to foreign countries and for goodness sake, if you’re not an electrician – don’t change a light-bulb!
Blog you later »