So thrilled to have been nominated for my first blog award and it is all thanks to the fantastic blogger at Lakeland Musings by Irwin.
So first of all, I would like to thank once more Lakeland Musings by Irwin for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award and I urge you all to go visit his blog, its ace.
Why did you start blogging?
I had always wanted to blog but I never thought I’d have enough to say, like I thought I would end up writing loads for the first few weeks but then it would fizzle dry, but I thought I would give it ago anyway, it was something I had always wanted to do. The best opportunity came up when my partner and I decided to shave our heads for Cancer due to several family members recently being diagnosed or passing away, it seemed like a good time to start. I mainly wanted to use it as an online diary but also to just write about my illnesses and help raise awareness as well as connect with other sufferers. I never expected my blog to kick off in such a big way so I am so thrilled I took the plunge of starting it off even though I thought it would never be viewed.
Tell me 7 random facts about yourself.
- Though I have lived in the UK for the majority of my life, I am actually a dual citizen, as I was born in Canada.
- I was overly attached to my dog when I was a child, when we eventually had to get him put down I went to school and told everyone my brother had died! The teacher was so overwhelmed I was in school he called my mom who explained the situation and for the rest of the year, the majority of the school thought I was crazy.. they weren’t wrong! Aha
- Karma is a bitch and has finally caught me. After years of chasing my pets around the house just to pick them up and force my love on them, my allergies have developed . Now not only do I suffer from hay fever, dust and tree pollen allergies, I am now allergic to animal hair! (WHY GOD WHY!?!)
- I have an unhealthy addiction to cheese. If I had to survive of one food for the rest of my life, that would be it.. as long as there was a variety of course; brie, applewood smoked, Stilton.. yum.
- I have 3 tattoos and 6 piercings. My tattoos are located on the back of my left shoulder (a dandelion being blown up my neck), a quote on the right hand side of my ribs (conquer the liar with truth) and a collage tattoo on my right hip featuring floral, bird and mammal emblems of the Province in Canada I was born, this being Alberta (Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep skull, Great Horned Owl feather and wild roses).
As for piercings I have my nose pierced and the other 5 are in my ears.
- Polystyrene makes me feel sick, the sound of it goes straight through me and makes my teeth feel weird (I don’t know why, it’s stupidly weird)
- And as I mentioned earlier, this is my first ever blog award!
Who are your nominees? Remember, they must have less than 1000 followers.
So if you weren’t aware of the rules, its pretty simple:
- Thank and link to the blogger who nominated you.
- State why you started blogging.
- State 7 random facts about yourself.
- Display the award badge in the post.
- Nominate between 10-15 people.
And there you have it! I wish I could nominate more people because there are so many fabulous blogs so I apologies if I did not nominate you.
Blog you later »