Welcome to the introductory blog for my new weekly series, Living With..
My blog is all about my final year at University and all of the other things I do during this year. I have focus topics of my Dissertation, my weekly & monthly magazine articles for LLLRanting and I also talk about any charity work or good deeds I do as well. After a push in the right direction I decided to start this series up in order to talk about my several different illnesses and how I cope with then on a daily bases but also to raise awareness for each of them.
Invisible illness is a term used to cover a huge variety of different conditions from Dyslexia to Arthritis or IBS (Irritable bowl syndrome) and not many people quite know just what the affects these different conditions have on the sufferers. So my aims for this series are:
- To raise awareness for invisible illnesses.
- Help to educate others of the illnesses and remove the myths.
- Give readers an insight into what it’s like living with these illnesses.
So there you have it, the basics of what I plan to do and why. This is something I have wanted to do for a while and have slightly been doing through the magazine articles for LLLRanting but I thought I would make it more visible on my blog instead. I hope you enjoy the upcoming posts in Living With.. and please feel free to comment if you have any questions, opinions or anything at all, I would love to hear what you have to say.
Right I will leave you with this, a list of several of the illnesses I both suffer from and will be covering in the future:
- BDD (Body Dysmorphic Disorder)
- HMS/JHS (Hypermobility Syndrome/Joint Hypermobility)
- Fibromyalgia/Rheumatoid/Psoriatic Arthritis
- Osgood Schlatters Disease
- Recurrent Patellar Dislocation
- Anemia/Leucopenia & neutropenia
- Chronic Myofascial Pain
Blog you later »